Friday, June 8, 2012

At Work With Mom.

Kevin had an appointment this morning, so he dropped the girls off at my work for an hour or so.  There is an empty office next to mine and they brought plenty of dolls and toys to play with.  They did pretty great and my co-workers got a kick out of them.  I say they were doing great, but that was only until one of my coworkers coaxed them into a jumping and running contest.  Of course, then he walked away leaving me to calm them down:)  I do not necessarily recommend doing that on a regular basis, but I think that it brought life to the office.  Everyone seemed to enjoy the break in routine. 
After Kevin picked them up, he took them for lunch in the park.  Sid climbed to the top of the big monkey bars today.  It was a first for her.  I joined them for the last part of lunch and watched her try to navigate down from the top.  At one point I thought we might have to come to her rescue as she stood with a look of fear in her eyes.  She paused for a moment and figured out her strategy and down she came. 

The girls had their last day of preschool a couple of weeks ago.  It was sad.  They took some amazing cupcakes in to share with their friends.  They really were amazing (no time to be humble).  We decorated them with very bold colors of frosting and equally bold piped flowers.  Kendall had come across some purple, pink, yellow and blue gumdrops that we used for the centers.  In hindsight, I should have taken a photo.  They were sad to leave their friends, but excited to be home with Dad for the summer.  Kendall is registered for kindergarten next year and Grandma Terrell is all set to move down her to help watch the girls.  The other day, Terrell asked Sidney if she would come up and see her.  Sidney replied, "No!  You are coming down here!"  We are all very excited.

Lunch in the park pictures:

No comments: