Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fashion Week.

This week was Fashion Week in the Strong household.  The week started off with Kendall coming home from school with this fancy hairdo.  One of her teachers loves to style her hair.  Some of the hairdos are amazing, so I thought I would capture this one.  What I cannot figure out is how does Miss Cheyenne get Kendall to sit so still for so long? 
Then there was Sid's new do.  Sidney has Aunt Stephie's crazy hair (as we have dubbed it).  It is a little bit straight, a little bit curly, very thick and certainly has a mind of its own.  The unfortunate thing is that my hair is NOT this way, so I have very little experience with it.  One of my favorite styles for my sister (and there have been many) is when she embraces her curls.  So that is what I decided to do for Sid.  We took her to get a new haircut.  We gave her bangs.  I was not sure how that would go, but the hair lady seemed to think it would be just fine and I was dying to see more of her beautiful little face.  The we tapered the sides and cut shorter layers in the back.  Then the hair lady gave me a short lesson in "curl scrunching".  Sidney probably does not care either way at this point, but she has definitely embraced the sassy new do.  Note her "mermaid" pose. 
Then there are my nails.  I was a SERIOUS nail biter for many years.  Then I met Kevin and he had little tolerance for my bad habit.  Under his encouragement, I went the artificial nail route for several years until I broke the habit.  Now I am a die-hard french manicure girl.  However after seeing Becky and Kristin embrace the dark side, I was inspired to do the same.  I still think I am a french manicure girl, but am really enjoying the dark look for a change.  My husband keeps asking me if I am going "goth"?  Keep up with the times Kevin, goth nails have gone mainstream:)

No comments: