Friday, February 10, 2012

Give the girl a wand!

The girls refer to weekends as "stay at home days".  Tonight Kendall was telling me that she wished Fridays and Saturdays were school days and all of the rest were stay at home days.  I thought that sounded like a splendid idea, the concept of a two day work week.  I told her that she should make it happen.  Her reply, "Give me a real magic wand and I will do it."

Last weekend was gorgeous in Boise.  The girls spent a lot of time playing outside.  Sidney took her tricycle for a ride around the block.  After one spin on that thing, "I" was ready for her to ride a bike.  In typical Sidney fashion, she has resisted up until this point.  I was surprised when I pulled the bike out last weekend and she just hopped on it and went with only minor instruction.  After that we took many more spins around the block.  The whole time she was screaming at the top of her lungs, "Kendall you better hurry up or I am going to get you!".  It probably felt great to be yelling after a few months of using her inside voice:)

Kevin is in New Orleans on a business trip.  Really?  Why don't I get business trips like that?  Tonight for his business trip he is at the New Orleans Arena watching the Portland Trailblazers play the New Orleans Hornets.  Rough life!

No comments: