Sunday, February 13, 2011

New Memories with Old Friends

My mom's dear friend Lynda and her daughter Michell came over for a visit on Friday night.  It was so good to see them.  I had not seen Michell in about 9 years.  She has grown into such a beautiful woman!  It was so great to spend time with them.  Lynda had come over from Seattle while my mom was in the hospital, so it was good to get together under happier circumstances.

They came bearing gifts for everyone.  It was like Christmas in February.  Kendall has not let her "unicorn" out of her sight since she opened it.  She has even slept with it two nights in a row.  What is giraffe going to do?

Sidney even showered them with love.  This has been a really fun trip as Sid has been very expressive.  She is usually SO reserved, but has been quite the love bug!  This morning she told me she had to go potty.  When I took her to the bathroom, her diaper was dry and she went to the bathroom in the potty.  Woo Hoo.  We had chocolate chips all around, who cares if it was only 7:30 in the morning!

Lynda treated all of us girls to mani/pedi's.  Dad was brave enough to watch the girls for the day.  By the time we got home, he was way in charge.  Mom tried to tell him that a cup was too big for Sid to drink out of.  He replied, "I got it Karen.  I know what I'm doing."  He sure did.  He gave them lunch, took them to Dylan's basketball game, had them down for naps and even changed a whopper of a diaper!  Thank you so much Dad.  We had a wonderful time.

After our morning at the spa, mom treated us to lunch and cocktails at the Bardenay.  Are we ever spoiled?  My mom had her first martini.  Correction - she had 2 martini's, but who was counting?  I think she is hooked.  They were called Valentini's and had guava, mango, prickly pear syrup and all kinds of yummy goodness in them.  Mom was amazed at how great she felt afterward!  Watch out world, here she comes!!!

No comments: