Sunday, October 3, 2010

Volleyball and Friends

Yesterday I spent the day helping Kevin with the Middle School volleyball tournament.  It was fun to watch him in his element.  One thing is for certain, the man is passionate about what he does and it shows.  The tournament was awesome.  It seems that all of the players and their families had a great time.  At one point all of the girls were bawling (not crying, bawling), because their team had lost and they were out of the tournament.  All I could think was "God help us, we have two of these hormonal machines on the rise".  Good times!

While we were at the tournament, the girls spent the day with my friend Lorain.  They all had a great time.  It is so incredible to have Lorain and her family in our lives.  Lorain and I have been friends since third grade (Mrs. Berry's class).  She is more like family than friend.  It is awesome to see our kids get to know each other.  I still remember Lorain bringing Ben (her youngest) on a road trip down here when he was just a teeny tiny baby.  I think he might have been only 6 weeks old.  It was not until I had kids of my own that I realized quite how crazy that was:)  Now she lives here.  Though I wish she was my next door neighbor, I will settle for a short drive.  Here are some shots of the kids.

Putting together puzzles...

 Katie reading the girls a story...

Sid smiling for the camera...

Kendall and Katie acting wild (go figure).  They also share the same sense of independent style!

Kendall and the boys, riding the "spin thing" as Kendall calls it...

It was a fun day for all! 

No comments: