Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The concept of time

My dear Kendall woke up at 5:10 am this morning. I was down having my first cup of coffee (crazy I know), when I heard this cheery voice. "Good morning...I don't wait for Hallie to come". I think what she meant was "I cannot wait for Hallie to come". Hallie is Kendall's older cousin whom she adores. This was followed by "I will watch out the window for her car". That was all she talked about all morning. My efforts to explain "not today honey, next week" were lost.

Just last night we had told her that her cousin Hallie was coming next week. Next morning, next week, it is all the same to a 2 year old.

Here is a picture taken at approximately 5:15 this morning. Don't you wish we all woke up this happy? Apparently she is very excited about Thanksgiving and family coming to visit.
One more thing to add. As Kevin was telling Kendall everyone that was coming for Thanksgiving, he accidently left Papa off the list. But no worries, Kendall quickly corrected him. "...and Papa too?" Cannot wait to see you guys!

1 comment:

Gerbicks said...

such a cute picture! i think adeline will be sending something to kendall that involves her school picture... this age is a lot of fun, eh?! (but, ahem, adeline does *not* wake up that happy!)