Saturday, December 11, 2021

Memory Quilt of a Different Kind.

 After Kevin passed away, I got the idea to make a quilted runner for my bed.  I chose a daisy theme as it always reminds me of our courtship.  I bought all of the materials and then it sat for a LONG time.  I just could not bring myself to pull the trigger until recently.  My mom took a quilting class and was inspired to do a project.  She agreed to help me put the quilt together over the Thanksgiving holiday.  We spent a couple of days cutting pressing and sewing.  I chose to do an applique quilt, instead of a traditional quilt.  



It was a lot of fun spending the time with my mom.  She even trusted me to use her fancy new sewing machine.  This machine is insane.   

Here is what it looks like just before the quilting process.  I am having the quilting done by another lady.  She said it will be ready to pick up this weekend.  I am super excited to see the finished product.  She is going to quilt around the applique so that it will pop nicely.

No comments: