Thursday, July 22, 2021

Camp Pinewood times two.

 Kendall had skipped Camp Pinewood last year due to Covid, so she was very ready to return this year.  This was the first year that she applied for servant staff.  She was selected to staff the middle school camp.  Asher and Hannah were also selected to staff that camp.  The three of them headed out early on Monday to catch the camp bus.  Sid photo bombed the moment.


David dropped them off at the bus.

I volunteered to pick them up the following weekend.  This is the camp chaos of picking them up.  The camp has grown so much!  They have literally over doubled in size. 

Kendall had so many stories to tell.  My favorite was how they referred to boys as 'blue' and girls as 'red' and their could be NO 'purple'.  I wonder how that worked out for them!?

She was very proud of her staff t-shirt.

Once she got home she spent every moment telling us all about camp and soaking up the time.  We had one day with her before she left for her own high school camp.


Sidney and I write cards and send them with her.  Six cards for six days.  One to open each day.  Before she had left for her first week, she had been admiring one of my new stamp sets.  I made her a set of cards out of the stamps for her high school week.

This girl is everything.  She is kind, smart, funny, ambitious, brave and beautiful.  I love every piece of her, even the pieces that make me crazy at times.

No comments: