Saturday, July 24, 2021

A few new looks and crafty ladies.

Oh the yard sales!  I have more than I could ever ask or imagine, but yard sales are so fun.  I love that one persons castoffs are another's delight.  I have found quite a few treasures and have used them for redecorating.  Here are some new shelves I got for our den bathroom.  I gathered all of our green and blue decor to put on them.  Super cute!


This next one is a bit of a funny story.  After decades of using an old Ikea desk with a hutch, I finally upgraded.  It was a slow process.  It started when we went virtual at work.  My desk had a big hutch on top and faced the wall.  Unfortunately, with video calls, all of my craft junk was the background.  Definitely not pleasing to the eye.  So, I took the hutch off and discarded it.  I kept the bulky bottom and turned it around so I could have a nicely decorated wall in the background.  The desk was functional, but bulky.  I have been searching everywhere for a simple desk that would fit the space.  Alas, while browsing Target (during the 3 hour swimsuit expedition), I found just the desk I wanted.  I had to order the right color online.  However, when I received the box, it was not a black desk at all.  I received a gray table.  No!  I called Target.  They were awesome and told me just to keep the table and they would ship me a new desk.  I assembled the table to take picture s to see if anyone would want it.  However, much to my daughter's chagrin, I decided it looked very nice on my front patio.


Last summer I had bought the cutest double rocker for the front porch.  My big mistake was that I did not sit in it before purchasing.  It was THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE rocker ever.  So, after a year of trying to make it work, I put it on marketplace and sold it.  I then found this adorable patio set on marketplace to replace it.  I am in heaven.

I made this cute little sign out of a scrap piece of wood to put above the chairs.

At the beginning of summer, I bought this lovely water fountain.  It seemed so lonely by itself, so I scored some clearance items at Michaels and put together a cute little bamboo tree.  Very zen!

I love our silhouette machine.  Sidney was invited to a birthday party for one of her horse loving friends.  They are at a tricky age where toys are no longer desired.  Sid came up with this great idea.  She bought three jars accented in her friends favorite color and filled them with her friends favorite candies.  Then she decorated the top with horse vinyl stickers.  Adorable and creative!



My sister has been redoing her house this summer.   She has created a workout room and really liked this inspiring verse.  My mom and dad found an old pallet and built a sign.  Then the girls and I used the silhouette to cut out the verse and put it on the pallet.

First off, I am pretty sure the calendar says I have a month left until Sid becomes a teenager.  Unfortunately her actions are telling me something different.  Just look at this picture.  Seriously!  She has really been getting into loom beading (inspired by her Eh Capa costume).  Next up a beaded bracelet for me!  

My daisies were in full bloom a few weeks ago.  I LOVE THIS!  I only wish they would stick around a little bit longer.  They remind me so much of Kevin and when we first started dating.  I wish he could have stuck around a little bit longer too!


No comments: