Friday, June 11, 2021

Shenanigans.

It has been a fun start to the summer.  I reseeded the backyard, and we have been keeping Bailey off it, in order to give it a fighting chance of growing.  So far, it is doing great.  I am super thankful that the girls have been helping with the lawn mowing.  It helps when we all work together!  Here is the yard after they mowed it for the week.




Our backyard is truly an oasis.  I love hanging out back there.  

Sidney had noticed a hummingbird that kept flying from one of our gutters to the Ash tree.  After watching this for days, I decided to take a closer peak near the gutter.  Amazingly, I saw this hummingbird nest built on one of our patio string lights.  How awesome is that? I would love to climb up on the ladder and take a peak inside, but I am afraid to disturb anything.

My sister is re-doing her entire house from paint to flooring to trim, etc.  She had jokingly asked me to come up and help.  I decided to take her up on that.  I flew up for a few days Memorial Day weekend.  Kendall had went to Camp Pinewood and Sidney stayed with my parents.  I adore the girls more than anything, though having a few days apart was good for our souls. 

My mom took Sidney yard sale shopping, and they came across this awesome score.  Sid knew I had been looking for some additional tins for my new shelves above the refrigerator.  She bought the whole lot...$4.  Serious score!

The Monday we all returned was Memorial Day.  My Uncle Steve was here visiting.  My dad and I went golfing with him.  Sid came along and drove the cart for me.

Jason and Steph bought me this adorable golf shirt when I was up there helping them with their house.  We had taken a break to eat dinner at Twin Lakes Golf Course.  I love it!

I cannot remember where I was, but my parents took Sid to Eh Capa.  It may have been the Friday before Memorial Day when I was up North.  Kendall went along for the ride and jumped right in helping with the horses.


The girls' friends had ballet recitals last weekend.  We were fortunate to receive an invite.  It was so beautiful to watch.  We are in the countdown to Kendall's recital.  Though I must say the whole thing has me a wreck.  It seems huge and daunting.  I still do not have my tickets.  Apparently they were supposed to be at dress rehearsal.  Not so much.  I am a planner.  This is not helping:).

No comments: