Thursday, April 30, 2020

The Spirit of Kendall.

 I absolutely adore this young lady.  She has such a free spirit.  She is also a potato loving human.  Here she is eating the rest of the potatoes (I cannot recall whether this was the potato salad or the mashed potatoes that she requested) right out of the bowl.
 

One of the youth group leaders and his wife have a 1 year old daughter and are expecting another daughter in June.  Kendall decided to make a rag quilt for the upcoming arrival, but did not want to leave Nora out either.  She spent two separate weeks in Grandma Karen's shop putting together a couple beautiful little quilts.

We drove over to their house and left them on the front porch.  We received this picture and were told that Nora's favorite part was the tissue paper!

Kendall is a thoughtful and intentional young lady.  She is ready to take on the world.

On her thirteenth birthday, I helped her set up her first social media account.  I have been very impressed at the responsibility she has shown.  Here are a few snippits of her posts.  With the one below, I was certain at least one parent would chastise me for letting the girls drink coffee.  I am certain someone did in their head, but considering my love of coffee it is a good thing they refrained from telling me:).



Reading Kendall's posts gives me insight into what is on her mind.  I was worried that she had bounced through the first year after Kevin's passing without showing signs of grieving.  I do understand that everyone grieves differently.  This February, she pulled me aside to let me know that the reality of it all was starting to hit her.  Since then, we have maintained an open dialog.  I am thankful that she is starting to process it all!


No comments: