Saturday, April 22, 2017

The Little Things.

I have been making an effort to stop and appreciate the little things in life.  It is so busy and there are so many responsibilities that I can often get caught up in running from one thing to the next.  I took a work trip last week.  During my trip, I tried to focus on the beauty.  It was sunny southern California, so that was not hard.  The first evening I stayed near the San Diego Airport (which is conveniently located near the harbor).  This is the beauty that I woke to the next morning.

The following night, I stayed in Anaheim.  The last time I had been to Anaheim was with Kevin and the girls for our Disneyland trip.  When I arrived at the hotel, I learned that it backed up to Disneyland.  The bonus, I had a room with a view of the Disneyland fireworks.  I took lots of pictures and sent them home to the girls.
 
My husband is quite the decorator.  We had a patio cover installed last year.  It made a world of difference in the heat.  The patio became additional outdoor living space.  We spent lots of time out there.  He decided it was missing one small thing...lights.  We ordered some string lights from Costco.  They look beautiful!  Just a few more degrees warmer and we can start to really enjoy them.

No comments: