Monday, April 10, 2017

The Icing on the Cake.

As if the spring break was not amazing enough, we had a bonus trip.  On the drive home from Oregon, we were a couple of hours out of Portland when Kevin looked over at me and said "We are not too far from your parents house.  Let's go see them."  What son-in-law suggests going to visit his in-laws?  As expected, I was giddy with excitement.  I love visiting with my family.  We took a turn north and landed on their doorstep just in time for Friday Night Pizza.  The girls were so happy to see their cousin Hallie.  She is so good to these girls.
 
Saturday morning, Jason had to clean the Baseball field.  The whole team worked from 9am until 1pm.  Kendall joined Papa and helped the team clean the field.  She was such a hard worker that Papa rewarded her with a Lakeland hat.

Sid chose to go shopping with grandma.  She put on her lip gloss, wore her best shopping shoes and took plenty of selfies.
 
The girls were over the top excited to see Boston.  I think they were in need of some doggie time, considering our current dog less home.

Aunt Stephanie took us by North Idaho College to see her new office, lab and classroom.  I am so proud of this lady.  She is pretty amazing!

My sister and I saw these beautiful necklaces at one of the shops we stopped into.  We each bought one.  LOVE! 

Though we had to leave for home first thing Sunday morning, I was grateful for the visit.  It was truly the icing on the cake.

No comments: