Monday, July 4, 2016

Summer Fun!

The girls earned a pass to Roaring Springs through a reading program at school.  The pass had to be used by June 30th.  So on June 26th, I braved the water park with 4 crazy girls.  If I was going for it, I thought why not invite a couple of more.  Cortni and Cadence joined us for the day.  Cortni and Cadence had a season pass last year, so they knew all the perfect places including a shady picnic table that we called "home". 
 
We all managed to head in the same direction for the first few hours, which made wrangling everyone together for lunch a snap.  My girls were so much braver this year.  Kendall had a full year to get over her fear of roller coasters, plus she had a couple of friends to brave her up.  Sidney was a bit timid at first, but after a few trips down the mat slide she was ready to go.

I am a bit of a thrill ride junky (most of the time).  The only ride I had not experienced was the half-pipe otherwise known as "The Avalanche".  Cortni jumped at the chance to ride on it with me, which made me happy because none of the other girls seemed remotely interested in those shenanigans.  The girls spent the day running from ride to ride. 

What is a theme park without a selfie?  I really need to learn how to do a proper duck face...or not!

No comments: