Saturday, December 12, 2015

Birthday Times Three.

Kevin received the triple birthday threat this year, with three celebrations.  The first party came just after Thanksgiving while my parents were visiting.  My mom helped the girls make a fleece blanket for Kevin.  She took them to Joann's to pick out material.  They landed on Cal Poly colors for the blanket.
 

Lisa got Kevin this warm hat.  Sidney spent her own money on this cute snow globe for Dad.  She had tricked him into picking out his own present the week earlier, by asking him which one she should get.  He told her that he would get this one.  She was so proud.

The girls and I were growing tired of looking at his ratty old slippers.  He kept insisting that they were in great shape.
 
 These new ones are SO much better!

Grandma Terrell made him a pineapple upside down cake. 

Terrell, Lisa and Kevin.

Roy and Sherry sent these very MANLY flowers to the house.  They are gorgeous!  The white ones are still opening up.

On his actual birthday, Terrell made him another cake.  This was the best tasting cake ever.  It had a whipped cream cheese frosting.  The emblem on the front is a Christmas ornament that we hung from the tree.

Here we are with the birthday boy.

One of his gifts was a box of "80's" candy.  It had razzles in it.  I thought this was awesome, since I love the movie 13 Going on 30.  They refer to razzles in that movie, but I had never actually tried them.  Another fond memory of that movie, is taking my sister to see it.  She laughed so hard, I think she almost peed her pants.  I am not sure what was funnier, the movie or hearing her laugh so hard.

The third celebration...dinner at Burger King and a movie night out to see Minions (his choice, hmmm).

No comments: