Sunday, January 27, 2013

Yummy Goodness!

It all started with a Christmas gift.  My sister got me this awesome fruit basket for Christmas.  Naturally, I felt compelled to fill it.  My first step was with a bag of mandarin oranges, some apples and banana (not pictured).

I dubbed this the "no ask" snack basket.  The girls felt pretty empowered and were devouring the fruit faster than I could keep it stocked.  Then my sister inspired me even further by sharing about her experience with her local bountiful baskets co-op.  I had signed up for ours about a year ago, but had yet to place an order.  This week I gave it a try.

We went yesterday to pick up our loot basket.  I filled up a bag for my mother-in-law, and we still had a ton left over!  The girls and I prepared most of it as soon as we got home.  Kendall is a master at washing potatoes.  We baked them up and bought toppings to go with them today.

We chopped this yummy pineapple.  Nature's candy!  The strawberries are almost gone.  The girls have been enjoying ants on a log with the celery sticks.

I am not a tomato fan, but Sidney and Kendall seem to love them.  That is the beauty of the basket.  We received such a variety.  We were all trying new things.  From what I am told, it only gets better in the summer!

Here is the website if you want to check it out.  They also have a blog (see my list on the right) which feature recipes and tips. 
http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/

My sister received kale last week in her basket.  I did not receive any kale in this weeks basket.  Though part of me was relieved, because I have no clue how to prepare it, I was slightly disappointed.  I had spent the past week searching for good kale recipes...maybe next time.

No comments: