Thursday, August 18, 2011

What are we thinking?

That is the question that Kevin and I have been asking ourselvelves every day for the past 8 days.  Eight days you ask?  That is the amount of time that our beautiful, lovely home has been on the market.  Yes, the first home we bought.  The home that both of our girls came home from the hospital to.  We like consistency.  We like certainty.  So what were we thinking?  We take one day at a time right now.  Obviously something kept compelling us enough to continue moving forward with this idea, but it is very scary.  The one good thing is that we have come this far, we are giving it a shot, but if it turns out that we end up staying in this house we would be happy with that as well.

This brings me to my next funny tale.  It happened just last night.  Anyone who has ever sold a home knows that it is a bit of work to keep the place clean and tidy while still maintaining some sembleance of life.  Need I remind anyone that we have two small children and two large dogs.  So last night I thought I would make cookies with the girls.  As the girls get older, I try to give them more responsibility.  Last night Kendall graduated from "ingredient dumper" to "mixer girl".  She was responsible for cranking the bowl up in the Kitchen Aide and starting the mixer (on low of course).  Sidney graduated from "ingredient fetcher" to "ingredient dumper".  All was well and I had the situation under control.  We were making cookies in a neat orderly fashion.  After the sugars and butter had been creamed and the eggs and vanilla had been mixed in, I poured in the flour.  As I turned to put the flour away, Kendall cranked up the bowl and Sidney got a little overzealous and jumped in to turn the mixer on.  Rememeber...this is not her job.  She has not learned the art of turning on a mixer SLOWLY!  Flour went EVERYWHERE.  Two and a half cups of flour can go a long ways.  The girls were covered head to toe and so was half the kitchen.  As I turned around to assess the situation, I knew it would be either yell or laugh.  Thankfully, my laugh button kicked in.  We managed to get the mess cleaned up and Sidney had a post flour lesson in turning on the mixer.  The poor girl was afraid to even touch the mixer after that escapade. 

Thank goodness we cleaned up our mess because we had a showing today in which the people are coming back for a second look tomorrow.  Wish us luck in this roller coaster of a ride.

No comments: