Saturday, March 27, 2021

First Night Jitters.

Sidney started Eh Capa a couple of weekends ago.  The first night, we got there a bit early, so she decided to take Marley for a ride in the outdoor arena.  This picture was taken moments before I heard a dad behind me say "Horse bucking...rider rolling...Is she okay?"  I looked up to see Sid picking herself up off the ground and dusting herself off.  Everyone breathed a sigh of relief and cheered.  I heard one parent say, "Well, it was good to get the first one out of the way."  

Unfortunately, that was exactly how the first night went.  Sid was a mess.  Marley was a mess.  I was pretty sure that would be the end of Eh Capa.  Nope, Sid has really come a long way.  She walked into the second week with a ton of trepidation.  However, she lathered on the lavender oil after Alyssa gave her a pep talk.  She told Sid, "There is only room for one of you to be a stressed out and it cannot be you."  Thankfully, both rider and horse did amazing the second night.  I think it gave them both the confidence they needed.



I am quickly growing to love the Eh Capa community, with its walking tacos, bowls of chili, late night practices and great people.  Next step, I will be learning to pull the horse trailer.  Oh boy!

No comments: