Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Acts of Kindness.

The girls have been on fire with fun, community oriented activities.  In January, they did Case for Smiles.  Grandma Karen went with them to help.  They made these awesome pillowcases for kids that have cancer.  They get a bright fun pillowcase to make their stay just a little bit brighter.

Last Saturday, we had a double service day.  Their 4H group made pet beds for the Idaho Humane Society.  Now they want to take a trip over there to see the dogs enjoying them.  I am not certain that is a good idea, since we always have a hard time leaving without a dog.



In the afternoon, I took Kendall and a classmate to the thrift store to volunteer for a few hours.  Kendall is taking a class in school called 'Life Skills'.  She has told me on more than one occasion that this had been the best, most informative class she has ever taken.  They have learned about community service, organization, mindfulness, substance abuse and many other relevant topics.  Sidney and I stayed to help as well.  We started with organizing and shelving books.  I was almost giddy with excitement.  Then Sid and I color sorted the purses.  It was downright therapeutic!

This has nothing to do with community service, but I thought I would stick it here.  I was scrolling through Facebook the other day and came across this post.  Kendall and her friend had done the morning video announcements.  I tell you what, if announcements would have been that engaging and funny when I was in school, I probably would have been a cinematographer.

No comments: