Wednesday, November 8, 2017

The Farmstead.

The girls have been earning passes for the Farmstead the past couple of years.  Like any exceptional parent, we have never went.  It seems that the season escapes me.  I always remember right after they have closed down for the year.  We made it a priority this year and spent the afternoon enjoying some good old fashioned fun. 
 
As we were arriving, there was a lady leaving with a bunch of kids.  She had some extra punch cards that she kindly passed along to us.  It made our trip extra special.  Normally, Kevin and I would have sat the activities out.  Instead, we all tried our hand at them. 
 
Sidney enjoyed feeding the animals.  This was a first for her.  Usually, she is too nervous to get close.  I was extremely lame in getting pictures.  I suppose we were having too much fun.  We DID do the big Pac Man corn maze.  Kevin sacrificed and did it with us.  I was too nervous that I would get lost in it.  With Kevin's navigation skills, we were in and out in no time.  It did help that one of the people working there told us to keep to the outside of the maze.

The apple shooting was, by far, my favorite.  Kevin had to give each of the girls a quick lesson before they tried it.  "Had to" or "wanted to"...hmmm.



The girls' favorite activity was the bee zip line.  Toward the end of the day, Kevin and I sat down at a nearby table while the girls did this activity repeatedly.  I am pretty sure they did it about 20 times. 

No comments: