Sunday, October 8, 2017

Cupcake Wars and Crafty Kids.

I absolutely love that my girls love using their imaginations.  They seem to enjoy most any craft, including baking.  Kendall and her friends have been very excited about baking lately.  She had her friend Keeley over a few weeks ago to craft some amazing cupcakes.  My only rule, you make the mess you clean it (dishes included). 
 
What does that mean for me?  Do not, I repeat, do not even pick into the kitchen until the whole fiasco is done.  Kendall and her friends are really good at cleaning the whole mess up.  They even set the timer and challenge themselves on how fast they can do it.  However, somewhere between the start and finish, it looks like a bomb went off.  I repeat...DO NOT peak into the kitchen until the job is complete.

Sid (or should I say Princess Leia) decided to adorn her cupcake with chocolate.  That is my kind of cupcake.

Sidney decided her American Girl doll need a fort to hang out in.  She asked me for a cardboard box and off she went.  Several hours later, she gave us a tour of the clubhouse.

The detail was amazing.  There was a jeweled doorknob and a welcome mat.

If you look super close you will see a remote control, a book, rain boots and a TV (on the guide channel).

She even made dog dishes, with food and water, out of clay.

This is a random picture that simply makes me giggle.  Sid as decided that if she does not want her Dad to take the last bite of the food she is saving for later, she must put her name on it.  I laugh, because this is a "learned" behavior.  Hey, the girl gets territorial over her sweets.  I can appreciate that.
 
Cortni stayed the night and it was a perfect night for cake decorating.  I had just picked up the coolest cake pan at a yard sale.  The girls were ready to try it out.

Kendall has gotten quite good at cake decorating.  The lessons from Grandma Terrell have really paid off.

The finished product. 

Look at those proud and happy girls.  The only thing left to do?  Eat the cake.

No comments: