Thursday, January 28, 2016

A Special Thank You.

Like most working mom's, I juggle a lot.  Trying to find that balance can be tricky.  Especially this last year, with everything that Kevin has been going through, finding that balance has become harder.  The girl's have each wrestled with his cancer in their own way, which takes special care and attention.  Kevin himself has wrestled with it and has been continuously pounded by rounds of chemotherapy.  He has not been able to do many of the things that he has helped out with in the past.

So, how do I find balance?  Sometimes it is not in the things that I can do, it is in the seemingly small, but rather huge things that other people do. It is the surprise dinner's that Terrell provides for us or the extra dinner that she packages up for us to stick in our freezer.  It is the moments that she gifts Kevin and I with a few hours to sneak away and spend some time together.  It is the friends that gift me with their presence.  The moments that we craft in near silence (Bridget), just knowing that you are there but the silence is okay.  It is the lunches that I get to chat (Kristen), sometimes about important things, other times about nothing, and sometimes just a raging vent that helps me momentarily feel real again.   It is the support that I get in knowing that I can truly be myself (Rebecca) good, bad or ugly.  It is the friends that started out as Kevin's (Valerie) that have made a point to let me know that they are here for me too.  It is the neighbor (Steve) who brings his snow shovel alongside mine to help me finish the driveway.  Then there is my family, my mom and my sister,  I talk to them most every day.  They are my rocks.  It is the prayers, support and encouragement that I get from the bible and others. 

It is the person at Awana that bought Sidney her Extra Credit book.  Yes, I may not know who you are, and yes I could have afforded the ten dollars, but you have no idea how much your gesture meant.  The irony that this person knows me so well, that they had one of the secretaries make up some silly story, so that I would not realize it was a gift and be too prideful to accept it.

We have had so much going on this year, all the while trying to maintain a sense of normalcy for our family.  This juggle is not unique to us.  It is part of every family.  I just wanted to take a moment to thank those of you whom I am lucky enough to have in my life.  You mean the world to me! 

No comments: