Sunday, September 15, 2013

Great Minds Think Alike.

A few weeks back while I was getting ready for work, I heard a commercial for a Disney show that was coming to town.  I am not a huge fan of these types of events, but the cast of characters included all of the girls favorites.  Doc, Jake, Sofia - it does not get any better than that.  Apparently Kevin heard the same commercial, because he called me a few hours later with ticket prices, show times and lots of encouragement that the girls and I should go. 
 
As the event approached, the introvert in me started to dread the experience.  The crowds, the parking, the crying children...what had I gotten myself into?  This did not sound "magical".  Thankfully, the girls' excitement was contagious.  I consulted with my coworker who had taken his daughter to a show like this last year.  He gave me the scoop and warned me about the overpriced popcorn.
 
We arrived at the event and found our seats.  Kevin had scored us some good ones.  I am not overly tall, so we had opted out of the floor seats.  It was a good decision since the seats were folding chairs, and it would have been hard to see over the people in front of us.  However, we did score the front row of the second section.  WooHoo! 
 
We skipped the popcorn and bought over priced goblets instead.  Who could resist?
 
 
The costumes were great.  The girls sang along to all of the songs and had a fantastic time.  They could not outsmart Kendall though.  She informed me that Peter Pan was not flying but rather swinging by ropes.

Toward the end, Jake and his crew shot of tons of Gold Doubloons.  Instead of leaving the theater after the show, the logical thing to do was to go up to the front and gather up some gold.  The girls had a blast chasing the paper and loading up their goblets.

Sidney even managed to employ some help with her treasure hunt.

Needless to say, we really enjoyed ourselves.  I am glad that Kevin and I were on the same wavelength that day!

No comments: