Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Child's Play

I have really enjoyed watching the girls grow and play lately.  Last weekend while my mom was here, the girls wanted to go shopping with the money that they had been saving.  Sidney has a grocery cart that my sister had gotten her for Christmas a couple of years ago and it has recently broken.  So when I asked her what she wanted to buy, she said a new shopping cart.  I explained that is was going to take every single penny that she had and it would be the only thing that she could purchase.  She acted as if she was okay with that.  I was certain that once we got to the store, she would change her mind.  We stopped at the Dollar Store first and Kendall bought a ton of little trinkets.  Sidney kept eyeing things and picking them up, but she would put them back promptly.  Kendall paid for her purchases and on the way out Sidney said, "Can we go buy my shopping cart now?"  I took her to Fred Meyer and we found the very last shopping cart.  She was ecstatic and pushed the cart around the entire store.  My mom and I were amazed at how well she got the concept.  Her first big purchase!

Sunday after my parents left, we decorated for Christmas and the girls spent the entire day playing.  If you could only hear them.  They were holding up their barbies shouting, "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the main event."  I promise you we do not watch WWF around here.  Again, something that I have no idea where they picked it up.
"Cheers!".  Kendall has been wanting a nutcracker very badly.  She was super excited when I unpacked these.  I bought them 20 years ago (I must have been only 3 or 4 when I purchased them)!  Who believes that one?
Sidney brought down all of her farm animals.  About 10 minutes after I took this picture she turned on the music box and laid all of the animals on their sides.  She told me that they were taking a nap. 
Kendall sat for nearly an hour just listening to the music box.  Grandma Terrell gave me this music box a few years ago.  There are little skaters that move to the music.

Kendall is an extremely giving girl, so I was slightly shocked when we set out to make Christmas gifts for her Aunties and Grandmas.  She spent much of the time trying to talk me into keeping them.  She literally cried at one point.  I tried to explain the concept of giving, which I thought she had already understood.  After a few minutes it dawned on me that she was not being selfish, per say, she just enjoyed making the gifts so much that she just didn't want to give them up.  However once she saw the cool packaging that we were going to wrap them in, she got over it.  Here are Sidney and Kendall carrying their creations to the Christmas tree.  Now they cannot wait for the recipients to open them.

  

1 comment:

Team said...

Love the picture of Sidney at the top of the stairs with the big smile, she looks so beautiful! And the one of Kendall in awe of the music box ")