Friday, November 5, 2010

Can you hear the lion?

This was the first year that we took the girls trick-or-treating.  It was a blast.  The festivites started Friday when the girls went trick-or-treating at the office.  They quickly learned how exciting and easy it was to get candy:)  The highlight was at the end when Kendall told my co-worker "My mommy is so smart.  She knows everyone's name here."  Hmm...how many more years will that last?  Next thing, she will be rolling her eyes every time I embarrass her.

Sunday night, just before we headed out to knock on a few doors, we got some pictures of the gorgeous rainbow.  It was a full rainbow, and the colors were amazing.

We talked the girls into one cheesy pose.  At this point, Giraffe was definitely tired of the pictures and ready to get on with the fun.  Since when do Giraffe's wear ruby red slippers anyways?


Kendall made friends as usual.  She had no fear and made sure to ask every dog owner "Can I pet your dog?"  Since Halloween was on a Sunday night, I did not expect to see a lot of people out.  However, our neighborhood was full of little kids.  It was a lot of fun.  Everyone seemed to come out at once, and for about an hour the streets were full.


Sid was not quite sure about Halloween.  She loved the candy.  She was totally freaked out by other kids in costume.  I think my co-worker, Wilson, scarred her for life.  At the work party on Friday, he dressed as the black night from Monty Python (bloody arm stump and all).  The costume was terrific, but Sidney let out a huge scream and proceeded to try and climb up me.  After that she did not like anyone in costume, not even the cute little princesses.  Halloween night she was the same way.  After several incidences of her trying to climb up me every time we saw little kids, we stopped and had a little talk.

Me:  Sid what do lions say?
Sid:  ROAR!
Me:  What are you dressed up as?
Sid:  A lion.
Me:  Well if you don't like other peoples costumes, just ROAR at them.

The next time we saw a costumed creature, I could feel her moving closer to me.  Then I could hear this tiny little "ROAR"...and so the evening went, my little lion roaring every time we saw another person.

1 comment:

Gerbicks said...

the little roar, so cute.

& we had an awesome double rainbow a week or so ago! it was pretty cool but i wasn't able to get a picture (i was driving) but it did make me laugh thinking of that guy on youtube...b/c i was doing the same thing: so beautiful! awesome, etc... anyway, that's a great picture w/ rainbow & kids in costumes!