Sunday, March 19, 2017

Proud of this Girl!

Little Sidney.  She is really growing into her own.  Last fall, she had mentioned that her teacher had submitted one of her art projects for an award.  As it turned out, she won the second grade art award for her watercolor city.  Who knew we had a budding artist?
 
 

Kevin and I received this awesome note from her teacher.  Sidney was so very proud.  Kevin and I were also very proud.  I remember when she started kindergarten, school was not her forte.  She has really grown to love it.  We are super happy about this!


SPOILER ALERT: 
YOU MAY NOT WANT YOUR LITTLE ONES TO READ THE FOLLOWING...

Sidney has finally realized that some things are just for pretend (AKA...the Easter Bunny, Santa, the Tooth Fairy and, yes, even Leprechauns).  One of her friends spilled the beans.  When she confronted me about it, I felt compelled to tell her the truth.  However, I did tell her that continuing to believe in these things, even with her new knowledge, can also be a choice.  Apparently, she has chosen to continue believing.  Below is her letter to the Leprechauns on St. Patrick's Day.  See...they must be real.  They drew her a picture and left chocolate.  I would continue choosing to believe if I were her too!


No comments: