Sunday, March 19, 2017

A Trip to Our Alma Mater.

Cal Poly was having their Structural Forum this year.  My work signed up to attend.  I took Kevin along for the trip.  Sadly we had to board the Cougar plane to get there.  We forwarded this picture to our friends, the Brandt's.  They could not understand our hesitancy in boarding the plane, as they are Cougar's themselves.

Kevin made a criminal out of me by breaking into the football stadium to get a picture.

We spent our spare moments acting like crazy tourists.  The weather was not fantastic, but we were not going to let that get us down.  As you can see, we dropped a few bucks at the Cal Poly bookstore.  It is not often we get to load up on Mustang apparel.

We ate at the delicious Klondike Pizza.  Kevin sent this picture to the girls showing them that I was throwing my food on the floor.  They got a kick out of that one.  Such a rebel...throwing peanut shells on the floor when it is allowed.  Whoa!

A true tourist, I took a picture with Elvis in Old Town Arroyo Grande.

We visited my absolute favorite place, the Avila Barn.  I love, love, love it there.

Kevin getting up close and personal with one of the goats at the barn. 

Kyle came over and spent an evening with us.  He and Kevin went out to Pismo Beach.

I took in a yoga class at the SLO Yoga Center.  It was an interesting one to say the least.  I will call it an experience.  For starters, the instructor originally had a substitute scheduled due to the 'phases of the moon'.  She decided to come after all.  I am super glad I went, but quite sure I was the only person that had shaved armpits and deodorant on.  Good times!

The trip was not all play, we did actually do some work.  The students at Cal Poly are impressive.  It amazed me even when I attended school there how focused and driven these kids are!

No comments: