Sunday, April 14, 2024

Best Burger, Ever!

The following weekend, Kendall and I left for another dance trip.  This time, destination Vegas.  Our plane landed at 7am.  We grabbed coffee and food and hit the strip.  


We had to take our customary 'Lewis Vatoon' picture for Sidney.

I had Kendall take a picture of me in front of Harrah's for my parents.  My mom tells a story of a time when her and my dad went to Vegas around Christmas time one year.  We were living in Santa Cruz and my dad's co-workers all went on a trip to Vegas.  Apparently my dad was winning at gambling and my mom kept grabbing the winnings and running to the shops to get all her Christmas shopping done.  While Kendall was taking this picture, it was taking her forever.  I asked what was taking so long.  She said she was waiting for the electronic sign to change, as it was advertising topless dancers and she did not think my mom would want that.   Ha, yes we are in Vegas.

We were famished by lunch time and settled on Guy Fieri's restaurant.  


Kendall and I agreed this was absolutely the best burger we have ever eaten.  It was delicious, but I am sure our conclusion was influenced by our hunger.

I borrowed a five dollar bill from Kendall to see if I could repeat my dad's luck.  Nope, I lost that money in about 1 second.  It was a great lesson in the futility of gambling.

After my Fitbit registered 6 miles, we decided to rest on a bench at the Bellagio before continuing on.


I am glad we did rest, as it made the Bellagio display so much more enjoyable.  It was absolutely beautiful.  The botanical gardens had a whimsical display of teapots and flowers.



Late afternoon, we headed to our hotel in Henderson.  The convention was at the Hilton Resort this year, which was also on Lake Las Vegas.  The area is so pretty in springtime.

While Kendall met up with her dance friends, I enjoyed a lovely cocktail from my hotel balcony.

We watched competitions in the evening, and I relaxed by the pool during the afternoons.  

Goodbye Vegas, until next year!

No comments: