Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Hollywood Vibe 2024.

I got back from my work trip just in time to catch another plane headed to Denver for Hollywood Vibe.  I love taking these dance trips with Kendall.  It really is a good time!

We managed to board our plane, only to sit on the tarmac for 45 minutes due to weather in Denver.

Once up in the air, the skies were beautiful.  

We arrived in Denver and made our way to the hotel.

As soon as we settled in our room, Kendall jumped on a zoom Dutch interview for a shift lead position.

After her interview, we ran across the street to have pancho nachos.  I think I had been looking forward to having these again since the time I had them last year.  They did not disappoint.


We then walked a mile to Target to stock up on snacks for the weekend.  I am SO glad we did, as the weather turned ridiculously cold.  I mean like sub zero temperatures cold.  Here is the view from our room.  I am so glad when we get the water view.

Kendall had an amazing time and learned a lot.  The crazy thing is that it ended up being a hectic travel weekend for everyone.  There was tremendous snow in Boise, crazy cold temperatures in Denver and the Boeing airplane issues.  Flights were getting cancelled right and left.  Just when I thought we were safe, I got a notification that our 10pm flight home had been straight up cancelled.  I jumped on the app and managed to get booked on a 3pm flight.  I was so incredibly lucky to get the seats.  Kendall was bummed to have to miss the afternoon, but was grateful that we would be able to get home on Sunday.

As it turned out, the afternoon at the convention was chaos, as a water pipe burst in the ballroom and flooded the convention out.  I am telling you it was freezing.  The hotel was able to keep the rooms warm, but the lobby and ballrooms were crazy cold!



Sunday morning, the snow had dumped in Boise.  Sidney went outside to shovel the driveway only to find that our neighbor had come over with his snow blower.  What an insane act of kindness.  Sabrina was also sending updates on the horses, as the ranch was very snowy and cold.  Levi and Lester managed to chew through the water heater in their trough.  GRR!  

Well, we made it home after a fun and eventful weekend!

No comments: