Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Dr. Beauchaine says...

Kendall turned 17 on January 3rd.  I cannot believe that.  She had her wellness check and promptly informed me that Dr. Beauchaine says she is now a 'young adult'.  EGADS.  How did this happen?  Of course, she wanted orange chicken and rice for her birthday dinner.


She also asked for cheesecake for dessert.  

We had a lot of fun celebrating her special day.  Not a birthday goes by that I do not recall the first time I laid eyes on this beautiful little girl.  I will never forget that night.  She has changed my life forever.  I am so thankful to be her momma.

Hannah joined us for the celebration.  Kendall had asked for Lego flowers for Christmas.  She and Hannah were both incredibly sad she did not get them.  So, never fear, Hannah came through for her birthday.

The two of them promptly went to work putting the flowers together.  

I managed to capture Sid and my Dad making goofy faces.  No surprise there!


Dani even joined in on the fun.

Funny story, Kendall worked on her birthday.  Sid and I pulled through mid morning and told all her co-workers it was her birthday.  It was game on after that.


A little throwback to when pulling through Dutch on your birthday garnered you a drink the size of your head.

No comments: