Monday, October 31, 2022

Creature Crawl and a Chili Cookoff.

The girls had the week off last week.  I had to work the first part of the week.  They decided to drive to the store and pick up pumpkins one morning.  I came down for lunch to see them in the middle of their pumpkin carving escapades.  How did they grow up so fast?



They were in the festive spirit and even decided to dress up the dogs.  Bailey looks absolutely thrilled.

These puppies definitely deserve 'pet of the year' awards for putting up with these girls antics.


Here are the finished products.




Kendall's dance studio celebrates Halloween all week long.  The girls dressed up each night for dance.  I did not manage to get the white lies costume.




The grand finale was the Creature Crawl (trunk or treat) on Saturday.

Hannah decided to hang out with them for the afternoon.  My dad and I went down to visit.  Each team puts together a booth.  Our favorite was the Revive Team candy booth, of course.  Our second favorite booth, was the golf booth, complete with two putting greens.




Kendall has a strange obsession with carrying me around.  I really do not like this, as I feel like she is going to drop me any moment.  I humored her on this day.  It was a party, afterall!

Saturday evening, we made our way to the Eagle foothills for the Eh Capa chili cookoff.  It was awesome.  They had a roaring bonfire that kept me nice and warm.



I was terrible at taking pictures, because there were some fantastic costumes.  The funniest part was that several of the people dressed up as each other, it was super funny.  One girl dressed as the coach, Brandi.  She blew her whistle the whole night and won the award for 'scariest' costume.  Needless to say, Brandi is doing an excellent job!

So here it is, Halloween night.  I am handing out candy while my daughters and their friends just took off to roam the neighborhood, beg for candy and scare themselves in the neighborhood haunted house.  Aren't they a bit old for this?  I saw this recently and thought it was perfect. 

“Teenagers who seem to old to trick-or-treat, choose childhood over partying. Be happy and hand over the Snickers.”

I remember one of the kids in our neighborhood would get dressed up every year and trick or treat, until she left for college.  I thought it was awesome.  Not sure if my girls will stick it out that long, but here is to each year they decide to be a kid and enjoy it. 


...and the bartering begins.


Happy Halloween y'all!

No comments: