Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Life Skills.

 Sidney and I went to the range on a Tuesday evening to take Pigeon out to a riding clinic in Nampa.  When I went to pull the chocks out of the trailer, One of the rear tires was flatter than a pancake.  We were very short on time, so I called my friend Tina to see if we could borrow her trailer for the evening.  

The next night, my dad went out to help me get the flat tire off the trailer.  I was concerned about where to place the jack.  Thankfully I talked with my co-worker Bill before heading out, and he had a pro-tip.  I did not need to jack the trailer at all.  I just drove the front tire onto some blocks, which lifted the back tire off the ground enough to change it.


The culprit was a screw right through the center of the tread.  Honestly, this turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  


When I went to take the tire in, the man told me they could not repair it, as the tires were manufactured in 2008 (14 years old).  Yikes!  After googling a lot about this, I decided to change all four of them.  The place gave me a great price.  The girls ( and my dad) helped me take the tires down one at a time to get the old ones off the rim and the new ones on.  While they were off, I decided to paint the rusty wheels a clean shade of black.  After I had all four new tires on, I drove the trailer by the shop to have them torque them down.  Yep, there may have been easier ways to do this.  However, all of us now know how to change a trailer tire.  Girls Rock!  (and Grandpas too)!


No comments: