Saturday, October 29, 2022

Dates with My Ladies.

I had scheduled a few days off work last week.  The first one was cancelled, due to Pigeon's injury.  The second day, I spent with Sidney.  She needed a haircut, so I decided to get a facial at the Aveda Institute.  It was amazing!  Afterwards, we went to Sidney's favorite restaurant for lunch - Ling & Louie's.


I decided to try something new and was not disappointed.  The Asian Nachos were a flavor explosion!

Sidney stuck to her favorite, the kids bento box.  She is only slightly embarrassed to ask for the kids menu.  Though we do really enjoy playing tic-tac-toe while we wait for our food.  Oh and do not forget the crab wontons (not pictured)!

After lunch, we decided to go to the North End Nursery and visit the Re-use craft store upstairs.  Kendall and Abby had told us about it.  There was everything you could imagine, and it was all very aesthetically pleasing.


There were also a few funky, fun items displayed for inspiration.


On Friday, I had set aside the day for Kendall.  There is a back story on this one.  Several weeks ago, Kendall came into my room to tell me her passenger car mirror had started 'wobbling'.  I started to laugh.  Mirrors do not just start spontaneously wobbling.  After a few minutes, she came clean.  She had hit one of the garbage cans while backing out.  Ah, it makes so much more sense now.  She walked me out to show me her solution. 


Duct tape fixes everything!  after a brief discussion, she had a few assignments.  She had to schedule an appointment for an estimate to get it fixed properly.  The first quote came in extraordinalrily high.  I told her to schedule a second quote and go back to the first guy to make sure there was not an error.  Sure enough there was an error.  He had accidentally put in 5.0 hours of labor instead of 0.5.  Phew!  She had him order the part.  Well the part arrived, and Friday was fix it day.  I drove her over there and we decided to go to lunch and hang out.  Kendall and I are the worst at remembering to take pictures.  When Sid is not with us, we just end up with the Be-Real picture and nothing else.  

It was a fun afternoon.  She did ask me if she could drive while we were going about town.  It entailed a trip on the freeway.  I decided that my nerves were not up for it that day.  She reminded me that she drives on the freeway all the time.  I reminded her that it was great that I was not a passenger in her car when she does that:).  She is a good kid.  I love her to pieces!

No comments: