Monday, October 17, 2022

"Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!"

 I took a work trip to Milwaukee this month.  I cannot visit this city without singing this song.  Laverne and Shirley Theme Song - Must Watch!

Our meeting took place on the 25th floor of this beautiful new mass timber tower.  The views from the 25th floor were amazing, but I forgot to take any pictures, so here is a link to see for yourself.  Ascent Tower

Somehow I did manage to take a selfie from the 7th floor pool deck.  Milwaukee is a pretty cool city.  My co-worker went to college there and had so many fun things to share.  She said that they have really spent the last decade cleaning up the city, and it showed.  


One of our board members lives there, so he knew all the cool places to take us.  On the way to the top secret 'speakeasy' we passed a cat bar.  What?  Apparently this is a thing, though I find it very strange.



I am not much of a drinker, but the speakeasy had some beautiful creations.  They each seemed to be a unique work of art.


I am just super thankful that none of us had covid, because we were very careless in sipping each others drinks, just to have a taste.

It was a great trip, packed full of lots of input on what to do in the coming year, peppered with a bit of fun!

Now off to listen to that theme song one more time...

No comments: