Saturday, July 7, 2012

Birthday Gifts

My mom has been at it again.  Look at the beautiful window treatments she delivered on my birthday.  My dad perfomed his high quality installation work.  She made two cornices for our great room windows.  When my mom suggested the "large" size for these rooms, Kevin and I were hesitant.  She definitely knew what she was doing.  She sent the pattern a couple of months ago and when we held it into place, the size did not appear too large with the tall walls.  I think they turned out great.  I love how she finished the top with fabric and cord for the trim.  It is beautiful from all angles. 

She also made a valance for the kitchen window. 

The same fabric from the great room cornices was used for accent color.  There is only one thing left to do, I think I really need to paint the one wall in the kitchen.  I am thinking sort of a "rust" color.  Hmm...we will see.  Sounds like a good winter project.

No comments: