Saturday, July 7, 2012

4th of July Raft Trip (on the 6th of July).

What did I do on the 4th of July?  I worked.  However there was a method to my madness.  My co-worker had asked us if we wanted to go rafting with his family and others on the 6th of July.  Sidney is not quite ready yet, as dumping a bucket of water on her would be drama.  Kendall is our resident fish right now.  Kevin had done a rafting trip a few years back with "the guys", so he was quite the gentlemen and agreed that I should go and take Kendall with me.  It was an absolute BLAST.  There are no other words to describe it except maybe fun, gorgeous. relaxing, exciting. hot (sun), cold (water).  Good times! 

Kendall caught on immediately and was begging to ride in the kayaks.  She even helped Nick maneuver the big raft through a couple of the smaller rapids. 

We stopped for lunch halfway through the trip.  It always amazes me how hungry I get in the great outdoors.


Glenn and his family were incredibly awesome and his boys were so good with the kids.  My friend Arielle's family was visiting from California, so they went with us.  Her step brother, Kyle, is four and hit it off with Kendall instantly.


No comments: