Thursday, July 13, 2023

Mustang Mania 2023 - Part 14. What now?

Well, the competition is over.  The plan was to re-home Levi after the competition.  Everyone warned me that I should have Sid sign a contract to that effect.  



As it turns out, Sid is not the problem.  I must admit I have fallen in love with this little guy (okay, not so little).  So, where do we go from here?  I am not entirely certain.  For now, I have agreed that we will at least keep him until next spring.  Sid will continue to work with him through the winter.  I mean how can you resist this cute little face?

Sidney has started putting a saddle on him and cinching it up.  He does not seem to mind at all.

I have started working with him a bit.  I know how to walk, trot, back, stop and pick up his hooves.



I decided olive green is his color and found this cute beaded rope halter.

Sidney has also continued to work with him.  She even puts Pigeon to work in helping with Levi's training.


Yes, he is a baby.  I have no idea what I am doing.  A 2 year old wild mustang is not the most perfect choice for a rookie to fall in love with, but for now he is sticking around a bit longer.

No comments: