Saturday, July 15, 2023

Broke Broke.

Since I have been gaining some confidence with the horses, I told Sid I would go for a ride, but only if she could find me a 'broke broke' horse.  Within minutes, she had gotten permission from Jayde for me to ride her horse Kaycee.  Of course, Kendall jumped right in and decided to ride Maize with us.  



Kendall always impresses me with her bravery and can-do attitude.  Look at her go.  She had Maize trotting and doing all kinds of fun things.

Kaycee was perfect.  She was so good to me.  I have watched Sid's lessons enough to know the basics, and I was even able to steer Kaycee over to the table and pick up my water bottle for a drink.  She even put up with me when I told her to woah and squeezed her sides at the same time?!?!?  I think I will stick with Kaycee for riding for quite some time, and mess with Levi on the ground:).  Yep, that seems like a wise decision.

The view from my ride.


I love these ladies and am so grateful we got to spend this time together!

Sid and I decided to beat the heat one evening by giving the ponies a bath.

They loved it.  I know Levi is still a baby, but he does not get worked up too easy.

No comments: