Monday, February 8, 2021

My Future.

With my post titled, My Truth, I have allowed myself to be vulnerable.  Well, here we go again.  It has been 2 years, 2 months and 15 days since Kevin passed away.  I have been asked, or rather my sister and mom have been asked, countless times, will Heather re-marry?  Well, I simply do not know the answer to that question.  Here is what I do know.  Kevin was the love of my life.  Our marriage was a FAR CRY from perfect, but he was my very best friend.  

I had not set out as a young woman to be married.  I was very independent.  It just so happened that Kevin stumbled into my life.  He was my PARTNER.  We both brought an equal share of ourselves to the marriage.  He was my lover.  He was my very best friend.  He saw the parts and pieces of me that no one has ever seen.  I trusted him with everything.  I believe what we had was unique and rare.

I am the mother of two young women.  That is my first priority.  Kevin and I took the responsibility of being blessed with the privilege of raising two young women very seriously.  I am capable of doing this on my own.  God has blessed me with an incredible job and an incredible support system.  I am grateful for that.

Does that mean that a future relationship is out of the question?  No.  Am I looking?  No.  When I am ready, when my family is ready, I believe I will know.  I am not there yet.  There is no rush to get there.  When the time is right, I believe the opportunity will present itself, just like it did with Kevin.  To the contrary, perhaps it will not present itself.  I am okay with that option as well.  Life has a funny way of working itself out. 

No comments: