Sunday, February 7, 2021

Alas, It Is Finished and Other Ramblings.

I am semi-embarrassed to even write about this, since it is what I dub a 'first world problem'.  As many of you know, we installed LVP in the den last year.  It is awesome!  We also decided to tear out our old, saggy carpet and install new carpet in the bedrooms.  When we chose the carpet, we went with a reputable company and mostly chose based on the color we wanted.  

Well...it has been nothing but one huge problem.  The carpet, though beautiful, had this blue backing.  The blue back is supposed to make it waterproof.  Again, we chose the carpet for the color, as waterproof pads have worked for decades.  Well, this blue backing makes the carpet very stiff and difficult to stretch.  After about three attempts to stretch it, I filed a claim with the manufacturer.  Mind you, every time carpet is stretched, rooms must be packed and furniture move.  Of course, the manufacturer did not take ANY responsibility and blamed it on the install. Thankfully the installer, the flooring company and myself all agreed that was an unacceptable answer.  We all three worked together to make it right.  What did that look like?  We left the carpet in a few key areas.  In the areas we chose to leave carpet, they installed a second tack strip and gave it a final stretch.  For the bedrooms and hallway upstairs, they tore out the carpet and put in a beautiful LVP. The LVP has a core back that helps with both warmth and sound.  Costco had a great sale on area rugs, and our year of back and forth has come to a close.  I am super thankful that I was working with a group that had a lot of integrity and was determined to make it right.  Here is a picture at the top of the stairs.  It is absolutely stunning (words of Kendall).


Yes, I have been puzzle obsessed.  I found this awesome puzzle that is a picture of 'Stephanie's Canoe Rentals'.  I just had to buy it, since my sister is Stephanie.  I sent her a picture of the completed puzzle.  She loved it so much, she asked if I would frame it for her office.  Of course!


The girls found a package of crazy fake eyelashes that were left over from a Halloween costume.  Of course, they just had to put them on and take a series of selfies.  After all, it is 2021.  These girls bring such joy to my life!




 

No comments: