Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April Fools Joke? It Is Not!

Before I forget to mark this additional crazy moment in my children's lives, I will write this post.  Not only are we experiencing an unprecedented worldwide pandemic, Idaho had a large earthquake last night.  The earthquake registered as a Magnitude 6.5 Earthquake.  Thankfully, there were many things about this earthquake that made it different than the 1994 Northridge Earthquake.  I experienced both of these earthquakes first hand, and though similar in magnitude, the similarities ended there.

I was in my office when the earthquake struck last night.  The girls were messing around in their rooms.  The large window in my office started to rattle.  At first, I thought it was jack hammering from nearby construction.  Yet, the noise got louder and the shaking got more fierce.  About the moment I jumped up, the girls came out from their rooms.  Yes, we were experiencing an earthquake.  Sidney was quite sure she was having a seizure.  Kendall just laughed.

From what I understand, there has been very little property damage, and I have not heard of any injuries.  I find myself shaking my head (SMH) and rolling my eyes (RME), pretty sure I made that last one up....What on earth is happening lately?

No comments: