Thursday, April 30, 2020

The Great Outdoors.

I truly enjoy working in the yard and enjoying the fruits of that labor.  Be sure to remind me of this the next time I complain about mowing the lawn.  To be truthful, both the girls are now fully trained in operating the lawn mower and weed eater, so I am getting some extra help.  

I had planted a couple of periwinkle plants last summer in memory of Kevin.  I was super excited to see them bloom and flourish this spring. 

I am terrified of gas.  In my defense, I wone had a commercial gas oven explode on me (thankfully no flames), but it was fierce enough to blow the knobs off the oven and knock me on my bum.  Needless to say, I am incredibly cautious and nervous when gas 'things' do not light up instantly.  On that note, I finally mustered the courage to start up our outdoor gas fireplace and patio heater this spring.

The girls and I spent the evening reading and reminiscing around the fire.


We have made a habit of taking pictures of our many beautiful sunrises and sunsets and sending them to one another.  Sidney caught this beautiful sunset the other night.

My parents have been doing a lot of home projects to fix up their new yard.  Sidney and I helped my dad put this shed together.  It was by far the most frustrating 'kit' experience I have ever had.  No joke!

The girls have also been remodeling their 'she shed'.  Note that it is no longer called a playhouse.  I will post pictures later.  Here is Bailey voluntarily sitting in his kennel checking out the she shed action.  The girls shed is right outside my bedroom window.

No comments: