Thursday, February 27, 2020

The Junk Drawer.

Our church has a section in their e-newsletter called the junk drawer.  It is where they tuck any announcement that has no other specific home.  Well, that is what this post is all about.  Here goes.

Sidney volunteered at the Boise Basin Quilt Show last fall.  One of the ladies had sent her a beautiful piece of horse fabric afterward.  We had it turned into a quilt.  She found a beautiful spot in her bedroom to hang it.

My friend Kristin had gifted us a very special family photo session right after Kevin had been diagnosed.  Looking through the pictures brings us great joy.  So, when we had a few pieces of the old pallet left, I snagged them and made this sign that we hung in our kitchen.

I just love flowers.  They ALL remind me of Kevin, especially the wild ones.  The girls and Terrell brought me this beautiful bouquet for Valentine's day.

My dad rocks, and I am a craft nerd.  When I showed him what I needed to organize my stamp pads, he used a board he had in his garage to whip this up.  Awesomeness!

I ran into one of Kevin's old colleagues.  Deb told me about a plaque that they had hung in the school to honor Kevin.  Here is a picture that she sent me of it.  Love.

Sidney is a sweetie.  Sometimes I wish I possessed a fraction of the compassion she has.  Here is a sweet picture that she texted me.

Kendall turned 13 this year.  We discussed the ups and downs of social media, and with much trepidation, I let her set up an Instagram account.  She has been using it judiciously.  The other day, she put an awesome post together to encourage her sister.  I just had to take a screenshot and capture it here to be forever stored in the blog archives.

No comments: