Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Foot Loose and Fancy Free...Or Something Like That.

I travel quite a bit for work, or typically.  This past year, I have stepped back a bit to help myself and the girls regroup.  With Terrell here and my parents moving down, it feels like we have a lot of family support.  The girls, Sid in particular, seem to be doing much better, especially when it comes to me traveling for work.  

For the past few years, work travel has terrified me.  I have left for each trip with much worry and trepidation.  Will everything be okay?  Will something happen to Kevin and the girls find him after a fall or something scary like that?  I know much of my worry was irrational, but much of it was based in reality as well.  

Now that things are settling and the girls have family here to help, I have left for my trips with a lighter feeling.  I would not quite say I feel 'foot loose and fancy free' as the title of the post might imply, but I definitely feel like things are much more settled.  In fact, I joked with my friend last week, "I'm going to San Diego."  Picture me saying that while half dancing and singing.  

This is what it looked like when I checked into the hotel.  B-E-A-U-TIFUL!

I woke up to a thick morning fog that burned off by 10 am.  I was so excited that I forgot to take the sunny picture.  We ate our meals outside by the water and had a conference room with not just one window, but at least five, that overlooked the bay.  It was one of the most productive meetings we have had!  Seriously though, it was gorgeous and our spirits and energy were on fire!

No comments: