Sunday, November 20, 2016

Grateful.

The holiday season has now officially begun.  Maybe not for you, but I am ready to go!  We will be hosting Thanksgiving this year, and I am ready for the house full.  As I sit and rest before a busy week, I cannot help but feel one word...GRATEFUL.  Two years ago, I would not have imagined that we would be here today.  Last year, I considered us lucky.  This year, I am just absolutely, astoundingly grateful!  Our family unit is still together.  Kevin is still here.

This week, he will get his 2 month scan for the new immunotherapy drug.  The oncologist has already warned us not to invest too much in the results, as things often get worse before it gets better.  That being said, the last couple of months have been pretty fantastic.  The immunotherapy is not without side effects, but they are NOTHING compared to what Kevin endured with the chemo.  Even at that, they have changed up some of his daily meds for the permanent side effects, and he has been doing great.  It is easy to forget how sick he still is or how hard the past two years have been. 

I am looking forward to the feast and the family.  I am looking forward to the football and the long walks in the freezing cold.  I am looking forward to hitting a few stores on black Friday, despite the fact that I need nothing.  I look forward to the Festival of Trees, the noise and the naps on the couch (them...not me, of course).  Grateful!

No comments: