Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Work and Play in Florida.

Every six months I attend what I lovingly refer to as my "semi-annual nerd convention".  It always takes place somewhere different, but mostly in some pretty awesome locations.  It is a conference in which many of the engineers and code officials get together to discuss issues and set standards.  I rather enjoy it, mostly because there are some pretty fantastic people in our industry. 
 
Often times, a few of the members will bring along a spouse and it is great to meet them.  This time, I was able to bring Kevin along.  The conference took place in Orlando this time. 
 
While we were there, Kevin and I met up with a couple of our friends from the military.  First stop...NASA.  It was such an amazing learning experience.  I loved every minute of it.  However, I was shocked at how civilianized the program had become.

Dawn, BK, Kevin, Brian and myself aboard the NASA bus.

The picture does not portray the hugeness of this building!

The shuttle.  Yes, my arms are crossed.  The temperature had to have been sub zero in this building.

Pretty cool picture.

Brian has a friend that works for one of the local radio stations.  He was able to score to tickets to the Heat-Magic game.  I sacrificed and let Kevin and Brian go.  Trust me, this was a huge internal struggle, as basketball is like my favorite sport - EVER!

These smiles made the sacrifice worth it!

No comments: