Thursday, September 9, 2010

Seriously Fun. Seriously Tired

Yesterday afternoon we went to Planet Kid at the Wing's Center.  I have never been there before and neither have the girls.  I had no idea what to expect, but after an hour and a half of playing non-stop, we were all exhausted.  This place is a definite "do over".  For those who have never been, it is a two story soft jungle gym with ball pits, rope ladders, mats, nets, climbing walls, slides and more.  It takes up the size of a gymnasium.  It is great for parents.  There is a little cafe where you can read or enjoy free WiFi while watching the kids.  The place is meant for children 12 and under.  There is a special area for kids two and under.  Sidney spent about 5 minutes there and it was off to the big kid area.  I did not get to sit and veg-out.  Instead I was chasing Sidney around the place thinking that she might get scared or stuck somewhere.  But no, instead I received a massive workout.

Sid was in ball heaven, as she dove straight into the huge ball pit.


Kendall met yet another friend.  Here she is with 5 year old Alyssa.  They had so much fun.  Kendall did not even have time to stop and say hello to me. 
  
This was the first moment that I knew Sid was off to adventure on her own.  We were standing at the bottom of this rope wall when she just took off climbing.  She swung her legs over the first bar and off she went.  I followed of course, just in case...Again, workout for mom.

In many places the floors were made of canvas nets.  I was a bit worried about Sid's foot punching through, so I told her to crawl on her belly.  Good thing she had her army pants on.

Here is Kendall climbing yet another wall.

In the end, the only person who got hurt was me.  Yes, that is correct, ME.  When we first got there I took Sid down this really scary big slide.  I thought we were going way too fast, so in my brilliance I stuck my foot out to try and stop us (sans shoes, only socks).  Ouch.  We did not stop and I just got this huge bruise that is killing me.  Too make things even more beautiful, Sid went down the huge scary slide by herself after that.  I guess I was the only wimp.  It was kidn of reminiscent of the time I fell down Observation Hill in Antarctica.

No comments: