Friday, August 13, 2010

Haven't Heard That One Before

Last night the girls and I were on a Skype call with my mom.  They were SO excited to see and talk with their Grandma.  Sid kept saying "Look Grandma, Look Grandma".  Of course, Grandma was eating it up.  My mom asked Kendall to sing her a song, and she broke out with a new one I had never heard before.  She told us she had heard it on her radio (a.k.a CD player).  It was so cute that I had her sing it for the camera this morning.  I was pretty impressed at how someone who cannot even spell or read was able to pick up on the lyrics so well.



Here are the actual words to the song:
Just a boy and a girl in a little canoe

With the moon shining all around
As he glides his paddle
You couldn't even hear a sound

And they talked and they talked
Till the moon grew dim
He said you better kiss me
Or get out and swim

So what you gonna do in a little canoe
With the moon shinin' all a--
Boats floatin all a--
Girls swimmin' all a rou-ou-ound!

Today I took a vacation day as Kevin had his first Intervalley Leaque AD meeting.  I took the girls to the Discovery Center.  It was Madness!  Every Friday until mid-November is free admission, so I was somewhat prepared for the chaos.  We had never been to the Discovery Center.  I always thought the girls were to young, but one of my co-workers told me about some of the exhibits geared toward preschoolers.  The hands down favorite for the girls was the grocery store.  Quite frankly, it was amazing.  It was complete with shopping lists and money.  Some of the kids played checker while others purchased their groceries.  Here is Kendall waiting in the checkout line.


Sid spent most of her time picking out produce.


1 comment:

The Reed Ranch said...

Ohmygosh!! How precious!! Heather they are both darling... LOVE the singing to Grandma... what a treasure!!! Keep 'em coming!

Love Gail