Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Pops!

My dad is one of the most focused people I know. He never does anything half-heartedly:

If he is going to run, he does a marathon.
If he is going to do a triathlon, he does the Ironman.
If he is going to get thrown off a horse, he ends up in a cast up to his hip.
If he is going to hunt, he bugles them in and hunts with bow and arrow.
If he is going to lay brick, he does a masterpiece.

I am sure you get the picture. Growing up, I always appreciated the honesty and wisdom that my dad was willing to share with me. To this day if I want empathy, I call my mom. If I want a kick in the rear, I call my dad. He has always been so real and straight with me. It is refreshing.

I am so proud of my dad and all of the things he has accomplished. He has done things that many people would not even attempt to try. He instilled in me the belief that nothing is out of my reach.

Most of all, I am thankful that he put his family first. My dad was a young father, so I distinctly remember him making difficult decisions so that his family could succeed. Thank you Dad.

He also set a great example of how a woman should be treated. He has always treated my mom with the greatest amount of respect. No matter what the situation – he would back her 110%.

Happy Birthday Dad. You are without a doubt the best father (and grandpa) a girl could ask for!

No comments: