Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bring on the Starbucks!

We had our first sleepover last night and have affectionately decided that two children are plenty! It was quite a fun event filled with games, pizza, baths, breakfast and movies. All of these things contributing to the Venti coffees I just picked up for Kevin and I. Mine has already been consumed, and I am asking myself how much coffee is too much as I contemplate running for another. In an attempt to capture a picture of all the kids, this is what I got:It really was a good time. Kevin and I even managed to squeeze in a movie of our own as the kids watched Ice Age 3 (Eli's pick). Movies...they are a parents best friend. Look at the peaceful gaze on all of their faces. Whoever said that too much TV was bad - clearly - does not have children.
My favorite part of having other kids over is to watch my girls interact with their friends. The stories they tell (Kendall mostly), and the things that I realize are important to them. It is sweet to see Kendall's big grin as she tells them "this is my____". And, "I will get cereal for everyone mommy".

This week Sidney has decided that she wants to go down the stairs on her bottom as opposed to sliding down on her tummy. SCARY. The first time she did this I just about had a heart attack. All I could envision was head over feet somersaults down the stairs. Hopefully, she can do this without too many tumbles. She is a pretty careful little girl (unlike our other monkey). She has also found her new hangout place:

It is amazing how fast they grow! On a different note, we have had a lot of snow falling in Boise. Alright it is nothing compared to our family up North, but we are enjoying it. Our neighbor got a new plow for the front of his four wheeler, and we have been fortunate enough to reap the rewards of his excitement. Thank you Rich!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey guys! Just starting reading the blog and LOVE it! I'm so glad that I have another way of keeping up with the beautiful little girls, from the East Coast. Can't wait to see all in a few weeks! XOXO, AshLee